Thursday 1 December 2011

Creating your wealth narrative


What’s your present financial experience? How harmonious is your relationship with money and how much wealth and abundance do you currently have in your life? Healing your relationship with money is the single most important step you can take to changing your financial circumstances. If you feel like you and wealth currently live on two different planets, this is your rocket ship to start your mission to boldly go where you have not gone before and seek out new planets of wealth. If you are currently programmed for lack around money, if your beliefs and values are causing you to unconsciously drive wealth from your life, here is one thing you can do immediately to break your programming, change your thoughts and feelings and so lead you to take the action that will produce the results you desire: a marvellous life of wealth and abundance.

Create a wealth narrative. Your wealth narrative is your wealth story, how it unfolds is up to you. Think of it creating your future experience – everything you write will contribute to the new reality of wealth and abundance you are moving to from this point forward. It is your proclamation of things to come and the resting place of things that no longer serve you. The wealth narrative will take two forms electronic and hardback. The electronic version is for recording, keeping and completing exercises that form part of the money harmony coaching and mentoring programs, should you choose to take this process further and join one of these. The hardback version is for you to write a daily Journal. The idea of keeping a daily journal is based on a proven practice for clearing blocks to creativity and personal growth described in The Artist Way by Julia Cameron. This beautiful and highly inspiring book advocates writing three pages first thing in the morning as a way of clearing your blocks to your higher creativity.

I have been writing a daily journal for many years. The process involves just writing whatever comes to mind without censorship, evaluation judgment or even grammar. Just write and write some more. Cameron’s book recommends writing 3 pages each day, however, I write until I feel a stillness starting to take over every other emotion. Sometimes this is more than 3 pages sometimes it is less. I write anything and everything. I pour out my heart not worrying about sentences or grammar and I just keep going until the stillness finally arrives. It's not like running out of steam because once I am still I don't always stop writing. Sometimes I start to write consciously and whatever I need to do next to move towards my goals, will suddenly become clear. It's like receiving an answer. There is no structure, no purpose, it all gets put down and what I require arrives. I feel deeply connected deeply at peace. I trust that whatever it is I need is already working its way into my conscious awareness and that it is already starting to impact on the systems that it needs to impact on. For me it is like lying on the beach at the edge of the shore, the sea lapping against me as if I were a rock, the tide gradually coming in. With each wave the water slowly rising until I am finally engulfed in stillness.

I highly recommend this process as a way of clearing the deeper more hidden issues that are less likely to surface consciously. You may never be fully aware of what issues are being resolved, however, you will very quickly notice the benefit. Your thinking will become clearer and you will find that you are accessing creative solutions to issues that previously evaded you. For your daily pages, find a journal or book that is larger than A 5. Whilst any book will do it helps to make it look inviting and special. When I was at school we were always asked to cover our exercise books. I recall that the books I had spent most time creating beautiful cover designs for corresponded with the subject I did best at. My mind was always keen to work with the nicely decorated books – by the second term I'd work this out and had recovered all my books with inviting exciting designs. Getting used to writing daily pages takes time and discipline. However it is worth sticking at it. What has worked for me is; although the aim is to do my pages first thing in the morning, because our minds are most receptive at this time, if I can't get them done then I make it is my intention to find space in the day and I always do. Proclaim to yourself that you will always do them and you will.

In terms of the electronic part of your wealth narrative, much of how we work these days is electronic because it is easier to record and index information and therefore look it up. You will need to do this with your exercises and so I suggest creating this part of your wealth narrative on your computer; however, there is nothing preventing you from using either your journal or pen and paper to complete them - the choice is yours.

An exercise you can do now is charting your money history. Create a 3 column table and in the first column list how each of your parents (or adults who were significant in you up bringing) acted around cash and their feelings and statements about rich people and being rich. In the next column for each parent, put down how you might be identical or opposite to them. Finally in the last column put down how this can be impacting on your relationship with money and your current financial well-being. Use your daily writings in your journal to consider the following questions:

What do you notice?

How much of what you currently do is just what you learned from your parents or significant carers?

What do you feel about this?

How does it still serve you?

What can you do differently?

It is not necessary to answer all these questions in a single day, use as many days as it takes to deeply reflect on these questions and your answers to them. Don’t answer them directly like an English comprehension exercise; rather hold them in your awareness and journal freely as usual.

Have you had any experience with journaling? Please share your thoughts and comments I look forward to reading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome your thoughts and commets.