Wednesday 30 November 2011

Powerful words that heal


Affirmations and proclamation can be useful tools in helping to change your money mindset profile and thus enable you to re write your wealth narrative and attract wealth and abundance into your life. Your wealth narrative is the story you have programmed in your mind about your relationship with money. This is what determines how wealthy you are in your life; whether you measure your wealth in financial term or in human wealth terms (human wealth describes the intangibles such as happiness, love, peace contentment etc).

The difference between a proclamation and an affirmation is small and it is really a matter of emphasis. Whether you will work better with affirmations or proclamations will be dependent on your learning style and just how loud the internal dialogue in your head is. . The definition of an affirmation is: A favourable statement affirming that a goal you wish to accomplish is already occurring. The definition of a proclamation is: to state an official intent to take a particular course of action and acquire a particular status.

Affirmations are expressed as if the goal you set yourself is already occurring. Whereas proclamations aren’t stated in the present but rather express an intention to do or be something. For some people their minds are very sceptical about the idea that something that hasn’t occurred is real. Their internal dialogue or internal critic (the voice that is always looking to find the negative or cut you down to size) responds violently to what their conscious mind can clearly see is not the case. However, for others who are able to project themselves forward in time to when they have achieved their goal and look at it from that point – it is as if they are looking back in time, so that, in their mind they do indeed already have the thing they are affirming –daily affirmations are fabulous success tools for these people.

I am a great believer in horses for courses or what works for you. Rarely in life does one size fit all. All this does is result in something that is either too tight or over generous. The best person to determine whether you are an affirmer or a proclaimer is you. You will either know which one is for you are already, or if you don’t, experiment for a week , with one then the other and see whether or not you have a strong resistance to either.

A word of caution: Our natural tendency is to resist change and so you may find both uncomfortable to start with. Commit to choosing to work with one or the other so that your brain rules out the “they’re both rubbish” option.

The good news is that it is relatively simple to turn an affirmation into a proclamation or vice versa so you can use the very similar statements whatever method you choose.

Why are proclamations and affirmations such useful tools? Everything is made of energy and this energy travels in frequencies and vibrations. When we make a declaration in the form of an affirmation or proclamation these carry with them their own vibration frequency. When you say your proclamation or affirmation out loud, its energy vibrates throughout the universe. You can ground this energy within your body by touching your body at the same time you speak your statement aloud. Doing this allows you to feel its singular resonance which sends out a potent message to your subconscious. To get the most from working with affirmations and proclamations you should state your proclamation/affirmation out loud every morning and every evening and doing it while looking into a mirror will accelerate the process even more.

Below is a list of affirmations or proclamations which I suggested that you work with everyday to help heal your relationship with money.

  1. All good things are now flowing into my life.
  2. What I heard about money isn’t necessarily true. I opt to adopt fresh ways of thinking that support my happiness
  3. All my investments are profitable and secure.
  4. I release my non supportive money experiences from the past and create a fresh an rich future
  5. Because I love what I do, I have become a money magnet.
  6. I promote my value to other people with passion and enthusiasm
  7. I always have more than enough money for all that I need.
  8. Because of my great appreciation for money, success follows me wherever I go.
  9. I always have more than enough money.
  10. Being financially successful is one of the top priorities in my life, and I practice this feeling every day.

What are your thoughts on working with affirmations and proclaimations? Please share your thoughts I look forward to reading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome your thoughts and commets.